Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy 31st Birthday Daddy!


I know that this is August and Tyler's birthday was in July - but I didn't have a blog then to tell you about Cameryn's special idea for daddy's b-day. She made me laugh the entire day!


Cameryn helped mommy decorate daddy's cake and she placed the candles - just where she wanted them - all over the cake!


Cameryn also taped up balloons and told mommy right where she wanted the streamers. So daddy wouldn't miss them. . .


Needless to say, when we were done, there was no cooking for the night. (Maybe the decoration placement was a bit strategic on mommy's end.)


The best part of the entire birthday surprise for daddy was Cameryn's inability to keep a "secret". (I think she must take after mommy a bit.)


When we took daddy out for lunch that day, Cameryn proceeded to tell him "we had to leave so we could decorate the kitchen for his birthday." We both burst out laughing! Earlier that week she told daddy that we bought him a Shrek singing birthday card. When I motioned her to "shhh" by putting my finger to my mouth, she kept telling him about the card but in a whisper. The night of his birthday, when we handed him his present, she looked at daddy with a big smile and told him (before he had a chance to open it) that "it is a shirt daddy." I guess I will do a better job teaching her about "surprises" for his next birthday. But - I know he loved every minute of it.

2 comments:

THE Stephanie said...

That's so cute! But seriously, look how sweet she is! Who could be upset at anything she does??

Anonymous said...

She's a cutie, Lauren. She looks a lot like you when you were little :)